Saturday, February 6, 2010

Easier Said Than Done

Has someone ever told you that you should stop doing something and they say it in a way, that is so condescending? Almost like they cannot understand why this "issue" is a problem for you. Just Stop it! Well, sometimes it just isn't that easy! People can generally tell you that, because that's not a problem they deal with, but tell them to stop doing what causes them to go to God in prayer and they might tell you, you just don't understand and it's not that easy! LOL. I think we have all been in this situation. At least I know I have. The one logical solution is to pray, and try not to put ourselves in situations that would make it harder on ourselves, but sometimes it's just not that simple. Even though it's not that simple, we cannot make excuses for ourselves either, but we can be realistic. I encourage you to talk with someone you trust at your church and find a pastor, minister, etc... or a good friend, that can help you remain accountable. For example, I have a friend that struggles with sexual lusts. She trusted me to talk about her issues as it relates to sex and I told her I would help her as best as I could. Now can I be there to stop her in every situation? No, I cannot even physically be there in most situations, but we have a system.... She calls or texts messages me when she feels weak, or if she meets someone that might lead to something more than a good night kiss. She contacts me, I encourage her to stay strong and tell her she can do all things through Christ. Sometimes this works, and sometimes it doesn't, but at least she has a safe place she can come to for encouragement. When she passes a test, I can rejoice with her, and when she fails, I can love her, encourage her, and pray with her....not condemning her! And to be honest, as humans we hold so much stuff in because we are afraid of what people might think and she feels better about moving forward knowing she can discuss it and have another person in Christ she can talk to who won't judge her, but help her. Remember in my first entries..."Help vs Hypocrisy!" Maybe you don't feel comfortable going to anyone about your issue....so use me and I will encourage you and pray for you. I pray for you now and I don't even know you. You don't have to know someone to pray for them (smile).

I believe God understands our struggles, but he doesn't want us to accept them! He wants us to press toward him and be free! I leave you with this scripture, Psalms 34:18, "The Lord is close to the broken-hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." Our issues can cause us and some of the people around us so much pain, but it's wonderful to know that God is close to us...we just have to reach out and grab him.

Stay blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment