Thursday, February 4, 2010

Will It Be There Forever Ever?

I hope you had a blessed day! Greetings to my fellow Christians out there struggling, but working those struggles out in the name of our Lord Jesus. No matter what your issues are, or what mine were or might still be....we can stand firm in the Lord knowing that deliverance is available to us. There was a certain vice I had and at times, I would really question myself--is this something I am going to always have to deal with? I used to think...Will God take this away from me or is this something I am going to fight for the rest of my life? I've heard many people say, that what trips you up, will only make you stronger--well in my case it was making me weak and driving me crazy. It's hard when your struggling with something, for the sake of this entry, I will use the term "addition", and you know it's wrong, you love God, but it's still a problem. Or there where times that I thought I had mastered this thing and because I wasn't having an urge to feed the addition, I felt like I was free of it. I remember one time I was free from it for about six months and then I had the same struggle come upon me again. Which leads me back to the question---will it always be a struggle? What do you think? When I took a step back, I had to first admit I have a problem, because sometimes we rationalize why we do certain things and we don't want to call a spade a spade! So in some regard, I was in denial about the problem. So once I came clean with myself...I could then come clean to God, because he already knows I have the issue, but we like to try and hide it from him at times.. LOL. The funny things we do..I bet it makes God laugh out loud! Then I cried out to God that I have this issue and I don't know what else to do. God, I would love for you to take it away from me...if for some reason you don't, teach me how to overcome it, even when I am tempted to go back. Because the devil is a cheater and a liar---oh and a deceiver! So he will try and make you think you can't overcome it and he will test your will power. If I could give you one piece of advice---if you do slip and fall, don't stay down, get back up and work it out! In the bible it says, we have already overcome! Key word "ALREADY"! SO the good news is, we win and the devil loses! Romans 5:1-5 is a great read. Please check it out. But, one part I want to share with you, that brings this altogether...Verse 1 & 2 "Therefore since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access, by faith into this grace in which we now stand."

Grace is a beautiful thing!! Never forget that!

We have been sanctified by the blood of the lamb and knowing that means we can conquer ALL Things Through Christ that strengthens us!!!! Not some things, not a few things. ALL THINGS! So you have to make that part of your mantra. You can overcome all things, including that issue that seems like it won't go away. Speak to that issue and tell it, you won't allow it to dictate your future or your relationship with God and your going fight the good fight of faith. Tune in tomorrow for part 2 and see how faith plays a huge part in the overcoming process. Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment