Thursday, February 11, 2010

Our Testimony

Greetings Friends! I was thinking about my issues today and I thought.. I wonder how I could help someone else who might be struggling in similar areas of their life. Sometimes we are so embarrassed by our issues that we don't want anyone to know we have them and we certainly want to forget they were ever a problem, therefore, we don't want to share the outcome with people. Hey that's just keeping it real, right? LOL. Let the truth be told, there are many issues that I have that I wish God didn't even know, because at times I get embarrassed by them and don't want to tell anyone else about them. But, this blog is my way of helping others. I don't have to blatantly tell you exactly what my issues are, but in time, I might decide to.. or I may have already talked about one of them, in some of my entries; either way it goes, I write this blog as my personal testimony. I want others to know that we all struggle and it's a normal part of life. And that we don't have to condemn ourselves and we can help others. I believe we go through storms in our lives, so that we can help someone else. But, if we don't ever tell of God's goodness and how he set us free, we are potentially missing our opportunity to be a blessing to someone else.

There were times I wished I knew someone who was struggling with some of the same things I was struggling with... not so it could make me feel better, but more so, I wanted to talk to someone who made it through the storm. It's very encouraging when you hear a testimony, it empowers you, and gives you hope that you can overcome it too. Am I off base, or do you feel that way at times? So I encourage you to let your light shine when you can, and help others if you have the opportunity to. The bible says, we are blessed to be a blessing. And, you might not be able to bless every person you see with gifts, but your personal story, could be just the right gift of hope for someone in need.

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment