Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Give it Up or Giving Up Part 1

About six months ago, I was on a business trip and I was thinking about this person in my life that I should have let go a long, long time ago. You know when the signs are all there, but you just cannot seem to let go? Well this was one of those relationships that if you add it all up...nothing is remotely close to being equally yoked! This person was controlling my life sub-consciously and effecting my walk with Christ. I by now means, blame this person, because it's my life and I allowed this relationship to continue, knowing that it never should have started. Ever had a relationship like that? To make a very long story short, I was fed up and highly annoyed with it all. This unhealthy relationship had been taking place for several years, so it was very hard for me to just walk away. But, I realized at that very moment, if I call myself a Christian, and I really want God's help---I have to let go! Then the Holy Spirit placed something in my spirit. Are you Giving up or Giving it up? There is a distinct difference. Are you giving up because your fed up and you don't have many other options, or are you going to give this thing up, because you know it's what would please God? That was my "Ah Ha" moment of the day!

We all have things in our lives that we should give up...instead of hitting that brick wall and just giving up! Some might argue that if you do either---you end up with the same result. I strongly disagree. When you just give up---it's likely that you might pick it back up again. Like someone who smokes cigarettes, they might give up smoking cigarettes for a few months because they cannot afford it, and when the opportunity presents itself or if someone offers them one, they might pick up that habit again. But, if that person willing decides to GIVE IT UP.....it makes it that much easier, because it's happening on their terms. And, to be honest, we want to try to give it up, before a situation forces our hand to have to do it anyway, and sometimes those don't have the best outcomes.

What's something in your life that you should give up......instead of just giving up? Stay tuned tomorrow for part 2!

Stay healthy and blessed in Jesus Name.

No comments:

Post a Comment